Number Nerd Bookkeeping Solutions is a “nerdy” virtual company that works with small and mid-sized businesses to help them get their numbers in order and keep it there. We specialize in day-to-day bookkeeping services, QuickBooks Online training, and bookkeeping best practice. We take pride in our personalized service and connection with our clients.
What you’ll be doing:
- Code bank feeds
- Bank Reconciliations
- Review of P&L statements and Balance Sheets
- Production of Monthly financials
- Processing Payroll
- Processing AP and AR
- Prepare monthly or quarterly sales tax returns
- Management of requests in a timely manner
- Weekly virtual team meeting
We are always looking to add bookkeepers to our team who are:
- Passionate about helping business owners understand their numbers
- QuickBooks Online certified
- 3+ years of bookkeeping and accounting experience
- 3+ years experience working with QuickBooks Online
- Extreme organization + strong decision-making skills
- Ability to efficiently + effectively work from home to achieve the client’s goals
It’s a bonus if you …:
- Are a CPA
- Value flexibility and have a strong desire to work from home
Number Nerd uses the following software: Gmail for business, Asana, Dropbox, Slack, Voxer, Evernote, Zoom, Excel, and Google Drive, Sheets, and Docs. Experience with these platforms is a plus!
Normally you’ll work about 1-3 hours/week with the potential to increase to 5-12 hours/week. You will be an independent contractor and work remotely from home. We seek bookkeepers who are interested in long-term, part-time contract work.
As a bookkeeper at Number Nerd Bookkeeping Solutions, you will mainly be working with Heather, our chief number nerd. If you don’t already know Heather is a dog lover, enjoys traveling (especially to the beach!), and is a huge fan of Arizona State University. In the Fall, you’ll catch her at most of their football games. If you have any questions or concerns about the work you are performing she’ll be your go-to information source. She’s organized, ambitious, a time-management ninja, and loves getting to know and work with others on her team. Additionally, at times, you may also collaborate with other bookkeepers on the team and/or our administrative assistant. Unbiased opinion: we’re a pretty fun team!
We work hard so we can play hard. Self-care is a priority. We know that by taking time for ourselves, we’re better able to serve our clients and have a clear head to do all the “nerdy” work. We work collaboratively with other team members and keep open lines of communication. We don’t expect communication outside of normal work hours. Above all, we love getting “nerdy” with numbers while helping our clients and our team. Specifically, we’re looking for someone who:
- Can think on their feet
- Can keep multiple clients straight
- Communicates efficiently and effectively via email, Slack, Zoom, and phone calls
- Is self-sufficient
- Loves getting nerdy with numbers
- Takes things in stride
- Detail oriented
- Able to give an answer at any time to the financial well-being of clients
- Self-starters: they find the answer. They know how to get help when it’s needed.
- Able to work autonomously. We don’t micromanage.
- Committed to getting work done on time.
- Quick learners as it relates to new software
- Have excellent time management skills
If this sounds like you, please firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line NNBS Bookkeeper Application and include the following information:
- Your resume (as a PDF attachment)
- Include a link to your LinkedIn profile
- Your available start date
- Your available work hours (ie: can you only work in the mornings, at nights, etc).
- Your experience with any above-referenced software
- A summary of why you think you would be a perfect fit for the Number Nerd team
- And your favorite hobby