Hi, I’m Heather.
Financial guru. Dog-lover. Human.
If you’re here because your business could use some help in the numbers department (you’ll know this if you actually call it the “numbers department”), you’re probably interested in knowing about my skills and experience. So let me brag, for a moment.
My 20 years of experience managing and advising businesses spans across many industries (IT, law and fitness, to name a few), and shaped me to be an entrepreneur in my own right. While I consider myself first and foremost a bookkeeper, I have the knowledge and experience to be your virtual CFO. (Hint: if you don’t know what this is, you need me).
Having worked in sales, management, customer service and administration, I pride myself on understanding all the ins and outs of business. I’ve created and implemented accounting policies and procedures, produced annual reports, and managed and supervised various teams.
As a bookkeeper and financial consultant, my clients have ranged from individuals to businesses of all sizes. I’ve helped my clients get their numbers in order through financial auditing, analysis and planning. And I’m particularly skilled at taking your unorganized data and presenting it in an easily digestible way. I always speak in plain language, have an eye for detail, and a knack for teaching others to develop good accounting habits.
In 2008, I made the brave decision to pursue a degree in psychology at Arizona State University — proof that I actually really like people — and worked throughout to pay my way. In other words, I am organized, ambitious…and essentially a time-management ninja. My friends would describe me as fun, outgoing, honest and dependable…and they’re not biased at all, right?
We should work together if you:
- Own or run a business that spends and makes money.
- Like automating processes and improving profit margins.
- Don’t know your overhead costs from your bottom line.
- Are a freelancer or creative who would rather focus on doing what you love.
- Are running out of room for your shoeboxes of receipts.
- Plan on sending me a Christmas, birthday or other greeting card.
We should not work together if you:
- Are snooty.
- Don’t like funny things.
- Can do all these finance-related things yourself.
- Think blondes are dumb (nevermind, come work with me — I’ll prove you wrong.)
- Are snooty.
Here are 10 things you don’t need to know about me, but might find interesting:
- I love giving and receiving cards.
- And making them.
- And selling them on Etsy.
- I discovered this at a scrapbooking party with my friend Margie.
- I also enjoy travelling, knitting, working out and hot yoga.
- My dog’s name is Smokey.
- She is a silver lab.
- I live in Surprise, Arizona.
- No, I’m not surprised I live there, but good one.
- I work a lot, but cherish moments with family and friends
- I’m not usually this sappy, but now that I’m thinking about life’s little moments….
FIND OUT HOW NUMBER NERD BOOKKEEPING CAN SIMPLIFY YOUR BUSINESS.